Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Wonderful Opportunies In Music

When I began studying piano as a child eagerly doing something I loved, little did I realize the wonderful opportunities that would come my way as a result of that choice. As a high school student I performed as a piano soloist in the Kansas City Music Hall,and was a member of the Kansas City Philharmonic Chorus.

Since learning to play the pipe organ in college I have been privileged to play on some wonderful instruments in this country including the US Air Force Chapel in Littleton, CO, Spivey Hall in Clayton, GA and Cannon Chapel at Emory University in Atlanta. One season I performed at the Spoleto Festival in Charleston SC, which presents lovely music and arts. I was formerly employed as Assistant Organist at the Cathedral of St. Luke's in Orlando, and performed with the Florida Youth Symphony at First United Methodist Church, also in downtown Orlando.

One of my biggest thrills came on a tour of Europe, where I was allowed to play the organ in the Catholic church in Mondsee, Austria outside of Salzburg, where the wedding scene for the "The Sound of Music" was filmed. It is my desire to share the joy of music with others, as we all have an innate sense of rhythm given to us at birth. And it is such a wonderful sensation to be able to make music of our own, and express our feelings. We can each sing from our soul, and feel the happy spirit that is within us.


Join Our Selective Singles

No comments:

Post a Comment