Thursday, March 12, 2009

POSITIVISM TODAY

In a conversation with a dear friend,I learned he was an admirer of the late Winston Churchill, and I recalled one of Churchill's famous quotes; "A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty". Making the choice as to which view will represent our thinking becomes more important as our life progresses.

The circumstances I have been given to deal with in the past few years have made it increasingly difficult to maintain the positive attitude that had always defined me. When my friend remarked that he felt my attitude to be a positive one, it came as a reminder that we must find something each day to be thankful for.

There is so much in life that is good and worthy of holding onto, yet we're besieged with so much that is unworthy. Discernment must be a part of out search each day to decide what is acceptable to become a part of ourselves as well as those we care about.

It's too simplistic to just say "I'll try to be a better person today". The more effective approach might be to say "I want to remain positive no matter what I'm faced with today, and my attitude will not waver".

Life was meant to be lived to the fullest. which includes lots of "stuff"! And "life is what happens to us while we're making plans!"

Visit our "Selective Singles" today!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good, Mom. Here is a Power of One video you can
    have people click on. Sounds like Norman Vincent Peale
    is still kickin'!

    Phil

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLj_JcaZcM

    ReplyDelete